Hi, I’m Jessi – welcome to my corner of the internet!
I caught the travel bug early with family trips, both within my home country of New Zealand and to places as diverse as Bali, Wales, Italy, and the Cook Islands. These gave me an urge to explore and a brilliant taster of other cultures… and the Italy trip is potentially where my love of food stems from! I renewed my appetite for travel during university with whirlwind trips through parts of Western Europe and South East Asia, before heading to London for my big OE*.
I spent over five years exploring London and having adventures all over Europe, and I had a blast. It was hard to leave, but easy to return to beautiful New Zealand. Now I’m bringing that travel enthusiasm back home to check out all the amazing places in my home country – and share them with my readers!
Want to know more about me? Check out these posts:
- My ABCs of Travel: This was such a fun post to write and brought back some great travel memories
- Leaving London and Why I’m Returning to New Zealand: Trying to sum up allll the feelings
- My Favourite Adventures of 2018: Always the hardest post to narrow down! I had a jam-packed eight months packing in everything I could from Europe, before returning home to embark on some epic New Zealand adventures
- Expat to Repat – One Year Home: How I’ve found the adjustment of returning home
* For non-Antipodeans, the Overseas Experience is considered a rite of passage by many Kiwis and Australians, who flock to Europe (the UK in particular) to work and take advantage of the ability to travel to many exciting places in much less than ten hours.
Please note: all photographs and content on this blog are my own unless otherwise stated. If you would like to use them, please get in touch.